Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First official blog...

So, my good friend Deanna has gotten me interested in blogging. I like reading other people's thoughts, but never thought of blogging my own. So, here it goes!!! Today has been a pretty busy day! Long holiday weekends always make for an eventful Tuesday and Wednesday following!

This past weekend, I went to visit family in McComb, Ms. We went camping for the weekend. It is always interesting going camping. Generally, we will play around on the 4-wheelers, ride in the boat, fish a little, and so on. This weekend, I decided I wanted to learn how to clean a fish!!!

My dad is a "good ol' country boy" from the deep south, and has probably been doing this since his tiny tot days, lol! Me, I lived with my mom and step dad, and we would just make a quick run to the grocery store when we wanted fish. :) With that said, I did not have a lot of opportunity growing up to learn this art! Haha..

We get the fish in, and my dad gets them all hooked up on the hooks. I was a little scared giving these poor fishies were looking right at me! Trying not to be the "city girl" that I get accused of, I pushed on and preceded to pull the skin off the fish! I will spare with the gory details, but to say the least, it was an adventure! haha. After the first fish is down, it became a little easier each time. Who knows, I maybe bating, hooking and skinning my own fish before it is all over!! :)

I guess that is it for now, we will see what tomorrow will hold! Have a blessed night..

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. YOU get accused of being a city girl?!?!? You?!?!?! Dirt eater Ashley? Wow..... I hate to think what they would call me!

    ReplyDelete