Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 5 — A FAVORITE QUOTE

"HE IS NO FOOL THAT GIVES WHAT HE CAN NOT KEEP TO GAIN WHAT HE CAN NOT LOSE." -Jim Elliot

Jim was a christian missionary to ecuador. He, along with four other missionaries, was killed in an attempt to evangelize the Waodani people. These men gave everything they had to take the message of Jesus Christ to a people who had never heard of the Savior before. What an honor that is.

I often think to myself, is everything I am doing, everything I am giving my attention to advancing the Kingdom of God. Am I willing to give everything, so that one tribe can hear about the saving power of Jesus Christ? I believe that when we come to that place, God will be able to use us how He desires!!! We are to go into ALL the world and preach the Gospel!!! That may mean that we give our life preaching the Gospel! I am fully convinced it will be worth it!

Jim Elliot and the others mentioned here are just a few that have said yes to the call of laying down their life!! Thousands of others right now, all around the world, are doing the same!!! Let's be a part of what God is doing!!! Let's evangelize this world with the one thing that can not fail, the saving power of Jesus Christ!!! The love of God, our Father in Heaven will never fail! Praise Yeshua!

Have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment